How do I get a California CCW?
How does a California CCW help me?
- North Carolina
- South Dakota
That’s 24 states, in addition to California. Notice Nevada’s not on the list. You can solve that problem (and pick up a few other states) by taking our Utah supplemental class after you take our California CCW class. Again, all of our training is free.
How does your course help me?
- Our basic initial and renewal California CCW classes are rigorous and packed with information, but we don’t stop there;
- We also include a Utah supplement course for a permit that allows you to carry in an additional eight (8) states (currently — you are responsible for verifying before travel), in addition to those recognizing the California CCW (for a total of 33 states including California):
- North Dakota
- West Virginia
- Why is NEVADA capitalized? You’ll be going there a lot to take advantage of all the free training we give you at Front Sight, the world’s largest shooting school. Each time you attend our free Estate Planning Seminar and participate in free dry practice afterward, we will give you more free training at Front Sight! Come back as often as you wish! (Details here.)
- As a concealed carry student and GOLD member, you will receive preference in attending high-value private training sessions at Front Sight, which are offered on a space-available basis to intermediate and advanced students;
- Your GOLD membership also allows you to attend our free Firearm Safety Certificate (FSC) Test events;
- Your GOLD membership also allows you to attend our free Advanced Tactical Handgun Dry Practice;
- Your GOLD membership also allows you to attend special shooting competitions we hold in our office using our high-tech LaserShot simulated range (prizes awarded);
- and did we mention all this is FREE?
- BONUS: You will sound like an expert on estate planning, to your neighbors that need estate planning.
How can you provide all of this for FREE?!
In a RUSH, no time to take your course - can you help?
Step 1: Register for FREE Membership
Register for a FREE guntrust.org membership! There are a number of different ways to do so all over the LawNews.TV site, including social login buttons at the bottom of every page; the “Membership” tab in the top and bottom navigation bars; and short signup forms throughout the site. You can enter your info manually with the short forms, or log in with your favorite social network:
Step 2: Attend FREE Estate Planning Seminar
Attend our FREE estate planning seminar (hour and a half, Tuesdays at lunchtime), plus the free half-hour handgun dry practice session which immediately follows. There is a different focus topic each week — select one that interests you (or simply the next one, if you are in a hurry). You can see the events calendar (Protect.FM) without logging in, but you must log in (primary nav bar, top right) to RSVP on the individual event pages. Just for attending the seminar and staying for dry practice, you will receive special incentives including free training at the world’s largest shooting school and free upgrade to our GOLD membership (this gives you more access and more benefits, such as our free concealed carry training).
Step 3: Attend FREE California CCW Class
After completing the first two steps, you will be upgraded to a complimentary GOLD membership which allows you to RSVP from our events calendar to attend the free California CCW class and other free concealed carry training in our office; you will also have access to our online California CCW course, which is for review and exam purposes. We offer both initial and renewal classes for the California CCW at least once per month, and more often if able. [If you fail to show up for the CCW class after confirming, your membership will be downgraded back to FREE and you will need to attend another seminar and dry practice in order to book another CCW class.]
Step 4: Keep Training! (FREE, on us)
OCSD has indicated you can apply with them for a California CCW up to six months after taking our class. USE THIS TIME WELL. Please resist the urge to apply right after our class! Instead focus on developing your skills further with more free dry practice at our office, and with the thousands of dollars’ worth of free live fire training we give you at the world’s largest shooting school. (EACH TIME YOU ATTEND ONE OF OUR FREE WEEKLY LUNCH SEMINARS, WE WILL GIVE YOU ANOTHER VOUCHER FOR A FREE 2-DAY DEFENSIVE HANDGUN CLASS AT FRONT SIGHT.) Defensive handgun skills are perishable and we all must continue to train just to maintain proficiency. Demonstrate to the sheriff you have a passionate commitment to training, and you will more likely be approved! And you will also more likely carry. People who do not train beyond the pathetic statutory minimums may strap on a pistol and walk around feeling like John Wayne for a few days, but soon the risks become apparent and the responsibility weighs in and they carry seldom or not at all, or (hopefully) they get more training. We suggest you first train heavily for a few months to attain the comfort of skill at arms, so that comfort and confidence comes through loud and clear at your interview with the sheriff!
Step 5: Apply for California CCW
Most states are “shall-issue” but California’s statutory law gives your county sheriff or municipal police chief discretion over whether you can carry a firearm concealed in public. Most cities contract with their county sheriff to handle this political hot potato. Although CCW issuance policies have been historically volatile, the Orange County Sheriff’s Department (OCSD) seems to have settled on a relatively liberal issuance policy so long as the application has been carefully assembled with attention to detail. Always go to the CCW section on OCSD’s site for the most current policies and procedures.