How do I get a California CCW?
One way is to just plow ahead and apply with your local sheriff. We think a better way is to take advantage of all the FREE training we offer, and put together a better application for a more qualified candidate.
How does a California CCW help me?
In your home or place of business, you don’t need a California license to Carry a Concealed Weapon (CCW). People have guns to defend their homes, so obviously training helps even if you don’t get a CCW. But in California, you need a California CCW if you want to carry in public. Unless restricted by the issuing sheriff (not a problem currently), the California CCW is good all over California, not just in your county of residence. So it’s good in wild, wild venues like SF and LA. The California CCW can also help you carry in other states that recognize it (though California will not recognize the permits of other states). Currently (you are responsible for verifying), these are the states that recognize the California CCW:
- North Carolina
- South Dakota
That’s 24 states, in addition to California. Notice Nevada’s not on the list. You can solve that problem (and pick up a few other states) by taking our Utah supplemental class after you take our California CCW class. Again, all of our training is free.
How does your course help me?
You need training. We all do. And you get lots of it under our GUNTRUST® course of instruction, for FREE. And you get training in estate planning, to further protect your family and transmit an effective firearm legacy. Here is why the GUNTRUST® course is unique:
- Our basic initial and renewal California CCW classes are rigorous and packed with information, but we don’t stop there;
- We also include a Utah supplement course for a permit that allows you to carry in an additional eight (8) states (currently — you are responsible for verifying before travel), in addition to those recognizing the California CCW (for a total of 33 states including California):
- North Dakota
- West Virginia
- Why is NEVADA capitalized? You’ll be going there a lot to take advantage of all the free training we give you at Front Sight, the world’s largest shooting school. Each time you attend our free Estate Planning Seminar and participate in free dry practice afterward, we will give you more free training at Front Sight! Come back as often as you wish! (Details here.)
- As a concealed carry student and GOLD member, you will receive preference in attending high-value private training sessions at Front Sight, which are offered on a space-available basis to intermediate and advanced students;
- Your GOLD membership also allows you to attend our free Firearm Safety Certificate (FSC) Test events;
- Your GOLD membership also allows you to attend our free Advanced Tactical Handgun Dry Practice;
- Your GOLD membership also allows you to attend special shooting competitions we hold in our office using our high-tech LaserShot simulated range (prizes awarded);
- and did we mention all this is FREE?
- BONUS: FREE Basic Estate Plan if you pass our handgun skills test.
How can you provide all of this for FREE?!
Well first of all, it’s not really free, is it? Your time is valuable, and to get into our “free” CCW class we require that you first attend our free estate planning seminar (not to mention the fact that our CCW course approaches the 16-hour maximum while many other competing courses do a great job in ten hours or less). Fact is, by providing all of our free training, plus the valuable free Front Sight training and other incentives, we are really paying you to sit and learn about estate planning so you can educate others about the importance of planning for family protection and carrying on a firearm legacy. We want you to feel as passionate about estate planning as you are about firearms, and spread this passion to others. We want you to come back for more education and bring your entire neighborhood with you! We NEVER want you to feel “sold” — we never do any selling at our educational events. Selling occurs at your free design meeting, should you wish to participate in one of those (totally up to you, whenever you are ready). Although we advertise it as “no cost, no obligation” it’s really more of a pleasant, life-saving Venus flytrap as our engagement rate is very close to 100%.
In a RUSH, no time to take your course - can you help?
Because of our model we only offer a CCW class once or twice a month, so we understand that scheduling may be an issue especially if you already had your interview with OCSD and you are facing a deadline of some sort. (We advise starting with our class and developing your skills with all the free training we give you, both at our office and at Front Sight, before actually applying with OCSD.) But no problem, we can help! There are many fine OCSD-authorized instructors with different approaches, each with different strengths. If our class is not a good fit for you, give us a call and we will be happy to refer you to other local instructors. And feel free to attend our free dry practice and our free CCW course even after you get your permit — the more training, the better!
Step 1: Register for FREE Membership
Step 2: Attend FREE Estate Planning Seminar
Step 3: Attend FREE California CCW Class
Step 4: Keep Training! (FREE, on us)
Step 5: Apply for California CCW