When it comes to taxes and gun control, it’s hard to keep up with Sacramento and DC. One way is to have your estate planning attorney on speed dial. A smarter way is to have that attorney draft with flexibility in mind, so you can have peace of mind.
We’ll focus on this topic at our Family Protection Clinic (aka estate planning seminar) lunch meeting on Tuesday, March 13, 2018. (Our weekly seminar revolves through a dozen or so focus topics, then opens up to general discussion.)
In addition to getting a valuable voucher for free handgun training at the world’s largest shooting school (details here) and satisfying the prereq for our free California concealed carry class (details here), this seminar will enable you to discuss the following issues with friends, family, and neighbors:
- Clayton election for taxes
- Jefferson election for gun control
- How often has the estate tax appeared, disappeared, and reappeared throughout US history?
- How many states have state-level death taxes?
- How is the effort going to pass a California estate tax?
- What are the different options for marital deduction planning and how do they affect taxes?
- Who needs flexible planning to minimize both estate tax and capital gains tax?
- What is the AB Trap, and how can it be avoided?
- Why do some call capital gains tax the new death tax?
- Who needs to worry about estate tax? (Is there any likelihood of Democrats ever returning to power?)
- For those not likely to need estate tax planning, is there any reason they need to worry about capital gains tax on death of the second spouse?
- Is it possible to have asset protection for surviving spouse under a flexible tax planning arrangement?
- Is it possible to allow survivor to liquidate the arrangement once it is no longer necessary for tax planning?
- What is meant by flexible planning to avoid California gun control?
- Must “my assault weapons die with me”?
So come visit our Family Protection Clinic(s) and gain expertise on estate planning and self-defense!
Find me @guntrust on neutral platforms such as these: