ATF report on firearm manufactures shows a healthy increase in firearms manufacture roughly correlating to the huge expansion of concealed carry in recent years:
- Total firearms manufactured increased from slightly over 3,000,000 in 1986, to almost 11,000,000 in 2013. (2013 is the most current data because of protections given to proprietary data under the Trade Secrets Act. One would think the total has gone through the roof in the last couple years.)
- Most of the growth is in semi-auto pistols (note these are popular for concealed carry and require more training than the intuitive revolver.
- There were more semi-auto pistols made in 2013 than the total of all firearms made in 1986!
- In addition, there were more rifles made in 2013 than the total of all firearms made in 1986!
- Shotguns did not increase very much, and revolvers actually declined.
Sorry, Joe. The girls are buying semi-auto handguns and AR-15’s, NOT the shotguns you suggested:
If attacked, do you want to be Victor or Victim?
At SacredHonor.US, we hate it when people die embarrassed.
And at Protect.FM, we believe good estate plans protect families.
We make it easy for your family to attain the comfort of skill at arms.
David R. Duringer, JD, LL.M, is a concealed firearm instructor and tax lawyer specializing in business and estate planning. He is managing shareholder at Protective Law Corporation, serving Southern California from its Laguna Hills (Orange County) headquarters and a satellite office in Coronado (San Diego County).
© Protective Law Corporation as per date of publication captioned above. All rights reserved unless otherwise noted. Sharing encouraged with attribution and/or link to this page.