SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills:
• AB 1135 by Assemblymember Marc B. Levine (D-Marin County) – Firearms: assault weapons.
• AB 1511 by Assemblymember Miguel Santiago (D-Los Angeles) – Firearms: lending. A signing message can be found here.
• AB 1568 by Assemblymember Rob Bonta (D-Alameda) – Medi-Cal: demonstration project.
• AB 1618 by the Committee on Budget – Mental health services.
• AB 1622 by the Committee on Budget – Budget Act of 2016.
• AB 1665 by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (D-Concord) – Transactions and use taxes: County of Alameda, County of Contra Costa, and Contra Costa Transportation Authority.
• AB 1693 by Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez (D-San Diego) – Claims against the state: payment.
• AB 1695 by Assemblymember Rob Bonta (D-Alameda) – Firearms: false reports of stolen firearms.
• SB 880 by Senator Isadore Hall III (D-Compton) – Firearms: assault weapons. A signing message can be found here.
• SB 975 by the Committee on Governance and Finance – Tax increment: property tax override rates.
• SB 1005 by Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson (D-Santa Barbara) – Marriage
• SB 1038 by Senator Ben Allen (D-Santa Monica) – Community colleges: employees.
• SB 1082 by Senator Mike McGuire (D-Healdsburg) – Regional park and open-space districts: general manager: powers.
• SB 1123 by Senator Connie M. Leyva (D-Chino) – Pupil instruction: high school graduation requirements.
• SB 1186 by Senator Ricardo Lara (D-Bell Gardens) – State claims.
• SB 1235 by Senator Kevin De León (D-Los Angeles) – Ammunition.
• SB 1315 by Senator Patricia C. Bates (R-Laguna Niguel) – Counties: budgets.
• SB 1360 by Senator Patricia C. Bates (R-Laguna Niguel) – Local government: municipal service agreements: law enforcement services.
• SB 1446 by Senator Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley) – Firearms: magazine capacity.
• SB 1474 by the Committee on Public Safety – Public Safety Omnibus.
Governor Brown also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
• AB 1176 by Assemblymember Jim Cooper (D-Elk Grove) – Theft: firearms. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 1673 by Assemblymember Mike A. Gipson (D-Carson) – Firearms: unfinished frame or receiver. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 1674 by Assemblymember Miguel Santiago (D-Los Angeles) – Firearms: transfers. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 2607 by Assemblymember Philip Y. Ting (D-San Francisco) – Firearm restraining orders. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 894 by Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson (D-Santa Barbara) – Firearms: lost or stolen: reports. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov
If attacked, do you want to be Victor or Victim?
At SacredHonor.US, we hate it when people die embarrassed.
And at Protect.FM, we believe good estate plans protect families.
We make it easy for your family to attain the comfort of skill at arms.
David R. Duringer, JD, LL.M, is a concealed firearm instructor and tax lawyer specializing in business and estate planning; licensed to practice law in the states of California and Washington. He is managing shareholder at Protective Law Corporation, serving Southern California from its Laguna Hills (Orange County) headquarters and satellite offices in San Diego County (Coronado and Carlsbad).
© Protective Law Corporation as per date of publication captioned above. All rights reserved unless otherwise noted. Sharing encouraged with attribution and/or link to this page.