When you are down for the count, who will be calling the shots for you? You can control what happens, if you know about advance health care directives.
We’ll focus on this topic at our Family Protection Clinic (aka estate planning seminar) lunch meeting on Tuesday, March 6, 2018. (Our weekly seminar revolves through a dozen or so focus topics, then opens up to general discussion.)
In addition to getting a valuable voucher for free handgun training at the world’s largest shooting school (details here) and satisfying the prereq for our free California concealed carry class (details here), this seminar will enable you to discuss the following issues with friends, family, and neighbors:
- Why is HIPAA important to your estate plan?
- Where should a HIPAA authorization appear, in which documents?
- Where do the most deaths occur, in hospitals or nursing homes?
- Is incapacity more popular these days?
- What problems arise when health care decisions fall upon family members?
- What are the consequences of a family member making a health care decision, both personally and to the family?
- What are the consequences of failure to make a health care decision, including financial?
- Can you help alleviate guilt by leaving detailed end-of-life instructions?
- Can you identify individual family members who are better able to decide correctly? Do they live near you?
- If you are deemed unlikely to regain capacity, would you want artificial means of life support beyond nutrition and hydration? Would you want nutrition and hydration? What level of pain relief?
- Would you want to donate your organs and tissues? Any conditions and restrictions?
- Who is your primary care physician? Is that more or less permanent?
- Any special requirements for executing a health care directive in a skilled nursing facility (SNF)?
So come visit our Family Protection Clinic(s) and gain expertise on estate planning and self-defense!